You started to notice that your toenail has been discolored, began to chip off, thickened and obviously look ugly. All this can bring into conclusion that you’re suffering from a fungal infection.
At the first sight of toenail change, you need to manage it right away to prevent your nail from totally be removed due to infection and avoid spread to other nails. There are several things you can do to make the infection go away. To take necessary measures will prevent them from coming back.
Management For Toenail Fungus
- The first treatment you can get for fungal infection is an anti-fungal. Medications are only and should be only prescribed be your doctor. The doctor shall check your toenail and you can be given oral or topical antifungal depending on its severity. Mild to moderate infection can be treated with topical creams, ointments or lacquers. For moderate to severe infection involving other nails, oral is preferred.
- For faster improvement in the nail, it’s best to keep it short, clean and dry as possible. Stop wearing nail polish until the infection is gone.
- Always wash the affected nail with soap and water. Wipe it dry and use open shoes to avoid moisture from building up on the area.
- Anti-fungal powders are available to keep feet dry if ever you need to wear socks and closed shoes. Powder also prevent fungi from becoming many.
- One of the home remedies you can do is to soak the affected foot with vinegar for 15-20 minutes at home thrice a day. Several studies have found out the effectiveness of vinegar in killing fungi.
- Use newly washed cotton socks. Socks made of cotton absorb moisture so your feet and toes will not get moist due to sweat.
- When your affected toe becomes itchy, refrain from scratching it. The spores of the fungi can get into your nails upon scratching and infect it or transfer the fungi to other nails.
- Strengthen your immune system by taking adequate vitamins, eating healthy and nutritious food and drinking enough water. With stronger resistance, you can prevent infection from affecting you.
- Some people have the habit to pick out hang nails or excessive skin. If you’re one of them, try to avoid this because you can cause an opening or injury to your nails which give access for fungi to come in. If you’re bothered by the skin or nail, use appropriate nail kit to trim it.
- Toss away the socks you have worn during your fungal infection days. Those socks may still have fungi and can affect your healthy nails now. If you don’t want to throw them, clean them thoroughly with warm water and detergent.
When you maintain the cleanliness and dryness of your feet, you can totally stop the infection process and get your affected nail treated. Follow these tip to manage toenail infection and you can regain your healthy toenail fast. Treat the infection with antifungal and practice ways to get rid of fungi to solve the problem.08.27.12
Scars may not be a serious problem yet it may affect how you may feel and think of yourself. It may be the cause of your emotional pain. Surgical removal treatments aim to erase the unsightly scars from your face such as in acne or even those caused by surgeries.
Often, these treatments are painful, costly and risky. However, laser technology gave way to a treatment that is less invasive and less risky. Fractional laser deliver a rapid and reliable scar removal with minimal downtime, and less pain.
This technology is an amazing discovery in scar removal. It uses pulses of light to allow the scar tissue to coagulate and give way to a healthier tissue. The healing time needed is very minimal plus there is a lesser risk of infection. Little or even no pain can be felt with laser treatment.
How It Works
Acne may leave your face with the unsightly scars. Also, surgical procedures and trauma may leave your skin with marks that you think are permanent. Laser can allow the removal of these scars by using fractional laser and create micro-columns of tissues that have coagulated. It primarily triggers the healing process giving way to a newer layer of skin tissue. Laser can greatly reduce the appearance to your skin.
There are many benefits to the use of laser in scar removal. They may help you in arriving at a decision on what step to take in order to eliminate the scar that bothers you for quite a while right now.
You may be worried about the down time or the period of recovery. Some treatments may leave you with dryness and peeling. However, in laser treatment, there is minimal down time. You can go back to your work after two days of treatment.
Pain and Discomfort
Another benefit of laser treatment is that it causes minimal discomfort. You may be afraid of the pain that comes with the procedure. You are rest assured that undergoing fractional laser treatment will only cause minimal or even no pain at all. Anesthesia is not needed for this mode of treatment.
Surgical removal of scars may pose certain risks such as bleeding and infection. Laser treatment is less invasive and does not require an incision to the skin. No antibiotics are necessary for this scar removal technique. Also, surgical incisions may leave you with pain due to the severed nerves of your skin.
Duration of Treatment
Laser treatment may require you to have succeeding sessions with your dermatologist. However, the changes that you may notice in every session may be very significant that you may believe it is a technique which is worth your money.
Excellent outcomes are what this approach promises. Scar removal is definitely not an easy feat. Using your scar removal creams and other treatments may take a longer period of time. However, laser technology gives you a better chance in eliminating the ugly scars. Discuss this approach in scar removal with a skin expert.08.23.12
You may be convinced that prevention is indeed better than cure. There is much truth about this line. You may spare your skin from the harmful flare ups that can leave you with several complications.
Here are tips that you need to consider in preventing episodes of profuse growth of bumps all over your face.
Sun exposure may trigger flare ups so wearing a protective sunscreen daily is very important. A product that has an SPF of 30 is greatly recommended. You must avoid the harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun so look for a product that offers you protection from both types of radiation. There are these sunscreens that are made particularly for children’s use. You can get one in order to prevent skin irritation.
During summer months, you may experience terrible heat especially when staying outdoors. Minimizing sun exposure most especially at noontime when it is hottest may help you prevent flare ups. However, the sun is already scourging and irritating to the skin past ten in the morning so take precautions during this time as well.
How Can You Stay Protected From the Sun?
Apply a sunscreen to have skin protection from UV rays. Also you can wear hats that are wide-brimmed. Shun stress! Studies show that it can affect the growth or appearance of new bumps on your skin. Next to sunlight, stress is considered to be the most common trigger. Taking adequate time of rest may help you control the symptoms.
Food and Beverages
Diet can also influence rosacea flare ups. Drinking alcohol and eating spicy foods may trigger the symptoms to be more pronounced. You have to completely eliminate these from your diet list in order to spare yourself from the red bumps. Make a food diary to be able to identify what may have caused an episode of profuse growth of acne-like breakouts.
Not only the scourging heat of the sun during summer season that can worsen rosacea. During cold months it is important that you wear a scarf to cover your face from the wind and cold temperature. They can trigger a flare up as well.
Not to Do
Do not massage, scrub or rub your face. Doing so will irritate your skin. Use a gentle cleanser that is non-irritating. With rosacea, you are left with the bumps that are easily irritated and a sensitive skin. Use lukewarm water to rinse your face and gently dry it with a clean towel.
Choose the products that are proven to be non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. These are the brands that are considered to be mild and gentle to your skin. By using these products you can take care of your skin and prevent irritation or flare up episodes.
There are plenty of things you need to consider in preventing rosacea. Educate yourself about the measures you must take in order to take care of your sensitive skin. Rosacea may be a lifetime disease yet your skin expert knows that they are controllable as well.11.27.11
You may think that the nails are dead skin cells, without sensation and couldn’t acquire any disease. Every week, you even cut them off and how could an infection occur. Well, there are several nail diseases that could happen and half of those are attributed to fungus.
Toenail fungal infection is not so rare occurrence but could happen to anyone. Once you get the diseases, it takes quite a long time to get it treated. Finding out the causes of this infection can make you stay away from it and prevent it from happening.
The Causes of Toenail Fungus
- Fungi live in an environment that is dark and cool. For people who often submerge their feet in water or that they often get moist, later on they will develop fungal infection. If you often go swimming, stay away from public showers that don’t drain well. The stagnant water on the floor is dirty and can bring infection to your toe.
- Aging is a normal part of life and along with it makes nails brittle and weak. Because of this, its resistance against fungi is also weakened. In order to avoid this means to strengthen your immune system and blood flow to the toe nails are strengthened.
- Circulatory problems impair blood flow to the toes. When blood flow is not good, any injury in the feet and nails take a long time to heal. Fungi are everywhere and can go inside any open wound or cut. This causes fungal infection.
- There’s no problem with wearing nail polishes. But there are those who don’t take off their polish for weeks then continue to coat them again to hide chips. If you’re doing this, you’re increasing your likelihood to acquire the infection.
- Be careful with the socks, shoes, towels and slippers you’re wearing. If you’re fond of sharing these items, you can acquire fungal infection. The infection is easily spread from an infected person to a normal one.
- People who are often in a hurry to wear socks and who often wear closed shoes can acquire the disease. Sometimes, it’s not a habit of people to wipe their feet dry first before wearing anything, especially closed ones. These retain the moisture in the feet and nails inviting fungi to thrive.
- Growing your nails long can also predispose you to infection. With longer nails, the fungi can live and grow better in wider nail surface.
- If you’re fond of getting pedicures, you should make sure that the instruments used are sterile. There are other salons that reuse instruments and can transfer the infection from one person to another. Always ask the person who’ll do it and observe the area where they get these instruments.
These are the main causes of toenail fungus. Now, you know the conditions in which fungi live and how could they get into your toenails, you should be careful to avoid these causes. Toenail fungal infection is really a discomfort and will totally destroy your nail when it occurs. Stay away from the causes and you maintain the integrity and health of your toenails.03.20.11
There are several scar removal techniques which you can benefit from. The unsightly scars may be stopping you from literally being comfortable in your own skin. Though there is a wide array of treatment options for this skin issue there is nothing that can totally eliminate scars. Here are examples of these scar removable approaches:
You may have heard about the use of alpha-hydroxy acids such as glycolic and lactic acids. These chemicals can help get rid of the scars through exfoliation. Those marks left by acne can make you look like a cottage cheese or an orange peel. Through chemical peels, you can bring back the smoother and more vibrant skin.
Filler injections can reduce the appearance of scars. They are injected to fill your skin, however, there are certain risks involved with this. Collagen injections are one of the treatments under this type of approach. Allergic reactions may occur and a careful assessment is necessary prior undergoing such treatment.
This is one of the popular treatments for scars especially in treating the marks you are left with by skin blemishes such as acne. With the use of special equipment, the skin may be abraded to give way to a new layer of cells. This does not require the use of local anesthesia.
This procedure can smoothen out your skin. It uses laser light and allows the redistribution of collagen and even out crater-like scars. After several sessions of laser treatment, you may notice a significant change on your skin. Ablative lasers intentionally destroy the epidermis or the outermost layer of the skin. This will give way to a new layer of cells to surface.
Ointments and creams can treat scarring through moist healing. They hydrate the skin and moisturize it which lightens the appearance of scars over time. This method however may take a longer time.
This is the treatment of choice for hypertrophic scarring or keloids. However, this type of approach may cause certain side effects that can last for a longer time. Radiotherapy prevents the recurrence of these type of scars.
These injectable for the scar tissue may flatten keloids scars and reduce their appearance. Steroids can cause untoward effects to the body. However, in this treatment they may be minimal since the agent is directly injected to the scar and does not reach the bloodstream.
Surgeries for scar removal are sometimes referred to as scar remodeling. It is a more invasive procedure that may require the use of antibiotics to prevent infection. This is done by incising the scar tissue and suturing the surgical wound. In cases of larger scars, skin grafts may be necessary by flapping your skin back for the stitches.
There are various treatments to choose from in eliminating scars. Scar removal became a popular cosmetic procedure or treatment that helps you regain your confidence. Scars may not be serious medical problems yet they may affect how you see yourself or your self-image.08.7.10
Rosacea is a common skin disease yet is poorly understood. Also, it is often mistaken to be acne because of the identical manifestations. However, rosacea is a different disease that may cause even more serious complications. The symptoms may start with flushing or persistent redness to your face which can reach down your neck and chest.
What are the natural remedies for this skin condition?
Some creams contain this substance which is proven to treat rosacea. The compounds found in this extract are believed to strengthen your blood vessels. This can effectively improve your symptoms. This works well in eliminating the redness or flushing to your face, chest and neck. The recommended usage of this remedy is two times daily.
There are many health benefits to green tea because it is known to contain many antioxidants. A cream that contains this extract shows to reduce the symptoms that come with rosacea. They work well in getting rid of the visible capillaries, red bumps and even pustules. Use this twice a day.
You may notice the changes after 4 weeks of using the green tea-containing cream. Many studies were made on the effectiveness of this extract in managing rosacea symptoms.
This cream is a preparation of vitamin B3. It is topically used in treating rosacea by improving skin moisture, barrier and in reducing inflammation. Niacinamide cream can be used as a moisturizer for your face. On the other hand, oral preparations of the said substance are also being studied for its effectiveness in rosacea treatment.
The topical preparation of licorice herb is an accepted treatment for rosacea. It can control the flushing or redness to your skin. You may notice an improvement on your skin’s appearance after 4 to 8 weeks of using licorice.
You may be fascinated to know that digestive enzymes can help treat rosacea. You may be wondering how. If you have this skin disease you may experience digestive symptoms as well. Medical experts may recommend the use of lipase that can aid in digesting fats. You may notice that your gastrointestinal symptom and rosacea manifestations may improve over time.
Vitamin B Complexes
Riboflavin deficiency which is due to an altered absorption of the said nutrient in your digestive tract is linked with the skin disease rosacea. Studies show that when you have a low level of riboflavin, you are more likely to be infected with mites that may leave you with clogged pores.
This will allow bacterial growth and may cause rosacea bumps or cysts. Taking supplements with the B vitamins will prevent the said disease.
There is a long list of natural remedies in treating this disastrous skin condition. You may be complaining that you will be dealing with rosacea for the rest of your life yet you are blessed to know that there are many treatment options for this condition.
Read more about these natural remedies. Discuss with your doctor what of these herbs and natural formulas may help you deal with the unsightly bumps, redness, inflammation, visible capillaries that come with rosacea.